Damascus is the capital city of Syria. Damascus has a cold desert climate where summers are dry and hot and winters are cool and rainy, so the best time to visit Damascus is winters. Damascus was chosen as “Arab capital of culture” in 2008 and has large number of museums from the past.
WHERE TO GO IN DAMASCUS:
- National Museum of Damascus: It is the largest museum of Damascus which covers the entire range of Syrian history. Duraeuropos synagogue best known for its paintings which are well preserved in this museum.
- Al Azm palace: It was the private residence of the governor of Damascus. It is the perfect example of traditional architecture of Damascene houses.
- Umayyad Mosque: It is one of the largest mosque in the world and also known as great mosque of Damascus. It is the amazing holy place for prayer.
- Khan As’ad Pasha: It is the best place for shopping and you can find anything you need in the shops.
- Tishreen Park: It is the biggest park in Damascus and it has its own gym inside the park. It is the best place to rest and to spend quality time in Damascus.
- Massar rose park: you can see the great architecture work in which a science museum is designed in the shape of beautiful rose.
- Sindbad land: It is the best place in Damascus to enjoy various thrilling rides with fun. It is the best place to bring out the child inside you!!!
WHERE TO EAT?
- Aroos Damascus restaurant: you have endless options to eat in the menu of this restaurant with the reasonable cost.
- The music cafe: It is the place where you can find the great combination of music and food with vegetarian friendly menu.
- Damascus palace restaurant: Here you will find the best Syrian food with amazing flavour.
- Damascus gate restaurant: Shawarma is the best dish to have in this restaurant with a reasonable price.